Monday, March 10, 2008

Leave well enough alone

Why can't life be normal?  why can't everyone just let things be?  one good day is always followed by ten bad ones.  i feel like i'm running on a a treadmill....

YESTERDAY....amazing...perfect even.  trip to st aug with the new lady friend, great lunch with my entire family, great conversation there and back, no one whining about not having direction or destination, ice cream at Kilwin's, a great new album of pictures from the trip (the first pictures i've seen of myself that make me feel handsome in a long time), and dinner at my favorite restaurant ever.  

TODAY.... tears, consoling, hurting, anger, rage, angry texts, and standing in line at the clerk of courts to pay a stupid traffic ticket.  My ex managed to put together a cohesive sentence and concisely and jealously point out all of my new love's biggest insecurities and single handedly tear down everything good i had finally gotten her to believe about herself.  if there was any part of me that wasn't over her, it's gone.  who knows what tomorrow, or even 30 minutes from now will hold.

in the meantime, thanks babe, for making me believe in myself


2 comments:

A Wanderer's Heart said...

Reading that made me feel angry... and then confused... and then I kind of smiled a bemused sort of smile, because if I feel that way, how on earth have these past months made you feel?

Also, Hops is your favorite restaurant ever? We need to get you some culture in your life, man. Though if they still have those little butter croissant things I might be swayed. A little. But not much.

Becka Robinson said...

That's a handsome photo you've got there.